Mexican Hotdog (a.k.a. "guac-ing The Dog")
- 8 hot dog buns
- 8 hot dogs
- 8 slices of bacon
- 2 – 3 good spoonfuls of Yucatan® Authentic Guacamole
- 1 cup of refried or ranch-style beans
- Spicy mayonnaise (mix mayonnaise with your favorite hot sauce)
- Pineapple salsa (recipe follows)
- Jalapeños, chopped
With a fork, poke a few holes into each hot dog and then wrap each hot dog in a slice of bacon. On a medium-hot griddle, cook each side of the hot dogs until bacon is crisp. Into each bun, spoon in some beans and Yucatan® Guacamole. Place bacon-wrapped hot dog in bun and then top with condiments.
- Pineapple salsa
- 1 whole pineapple, peeled and cored and diced (2 cups of pineapple)
- 1 jalapeño chile, diced
- 1/4 of a red onion, diced (1/4 cup)
- 1/4 cup cilantro, diced
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and black pepper to taste
Mix together all ingredients. Refrigerate for 1 – 2 hours before serving with hotdog.
Makes 8 servings.