Huevos Rancheros Con Salsa Verde
- 2 tablespoons corn oil
- 4 corn tortillas
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup black beans
- 1 cup salsa verde (recipe follows below)
- 8 oz of Yucatan® Guacamole
- 1/2 cup queso fresco (or feta, crumbled)
- 1 handful cilantro (chopped)
Heat the oil in a pan. Lightly toast the tortillas in the oil and set aside. Fry the eggs sunny side up. Place a tortilla on each plate and top with the black beans followed by the salsa verde, eggs, more salsa verde, queso fresco, Yucatan® Guacamole and cilantro.
- 1 pound tomatillos (husks removed)
- 2 jalapeno peppers (sliced in half and seeded)
- 1 small onion (sliced into 8 wedges)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 lime (juice and zest)
- 1/2 cup cilantro
- Salt and pepper to taste
Place the tomatillos, jalapenos and onion in a single layer on a baking sheet with the skin of the peppers up. Broil in the oven until the tomatillos are blackened all over and the jalapenos skin is blackened. Note: You may have to remove the peppers from the oven before the tomatillos. (Feel free to remove the charred outer skins first.) Place everything into a food processor and puree.
Makes 2-3 servings.